Two verses sung. The public house which is the subject of the song was at the corner of Paisley Road and Rutland Crescent in Glasgow. It was owned by a Skyeman called Donald MacLeod.
The song was composed by the contributor's father, Donald MacIntyre (Dòmhnall Ruadh Aonghais Ruaidh). He was sometimes called 'Bàrd Phàislig'. He won the Bardic Crown at the National Mòd in 1938.